1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 turn signal

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by t.i.b, Nov 20, 2013.

1. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

I just bought an 04 chevy 3500 with a mm2 straight blade. everything on the plow works except the park/turn lights. The lights on the plow don't come on and the ones on the truck stay on. anyone have any ideas?
    thanks.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

that is a loaded question, so it sounds like the lights don't work at all? sounds like you might have a bad 26357 cable or your lights are not grounded properly.

3. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

headlights work, high and lowbeams. just no parking or turnsignals. I can hear the iso mod clicking when I use the turn signals. I changed the 2 fuses in the harness.

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

did you check the connections? usually you have to tap the turn or park signals to get them to work

5. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

looking into that now. was hoping someone would have an easy answer before I started digging into it.

6. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

so the solenoid under the hood that goes from the batt to the plow clicks when the directional are on, that dosnt seem right. im having trouble finding a wiring diagram online. can anyone tell me where to find one?

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Did you have all the connectors hooked up to the plow? Parking lights ground thru the 2 pin connector for the pump power. The parking lights will stay on on the truck with the plow hooked up. Check bumper connector and the bulbs. And the Black w/ Orange wire from lights to pump.

8. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

thankyou. I just had the other 2 connectors pluged in thinking they controlled the lights (shows what I know). Thanks again, you just saved me a lot of aggravation and time.

9. kimber750

The 2 pin is power for pump motor, and ground for parking lights and valves. 3 pin is power for valves. 11 pin is power for lights. Glad it is working for you now.

10. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

so the lights worked but now it keeps blowing the 15 amp fuse. any ideas where I should start looking for the problem?

11. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

which 15 amp. There's 2
    And kimber you might be wrong on the 2 pin plug grounding out the lights

12. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

the 1 under the hood coming outta the port 2 harness. wheres there another 1?

13. dieselss

No that's my bad. I'm thinking of the 3 port Westerns.
    But as far as your fuse, when did it start blowing? What did you change

14. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

just bought the truck w/ the plow already on it. the fuse was blown when I bought it. the solenoid under the hood looks new. the 1 that goes from the + of the batt to the plow.

15. dieselss

Solenoid has nothing to do with the fuse. Have you looked at the wiring diag on fishers website

16. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

yes, im not the smartest guy around and nothing jumped out at me. that solenoid clicks if I use the directional and if I unplug the black orange stripe wire to it the headlights go out. does the sound like something is severly miss wired?

17. dieselss

Yea sounds like something is messed up big time

How many wires are on the solenoid? Should be 2 big and 2 or 3 small

18. kimber750

Turn and park ground thru pump motor. Headlights have their own ground, the separate black w/ orange going to battery.

The 15 amp fuse is for park and turn. Something is wired wrong or you have a short.

7.5 amp is for control harness.

19. kimber750

You can get the wiring diagram off Fisher's site, Fisherplows.com.

20. dieselss

Hey kimber....p.m.