1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 tuneup

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by milkie62, Nov 19, 2011.

1. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I was good at troubleshooting my old cable mount Western and tearing it down.I now have a 2002 MM2 and was wondering what I should look for as possible problems and anything I should change outr as a wear item in the pump itself..Also mine always seems to get moisture in the system and freezes up until I warm it.Then it will work all nite. Thanks for any input in advance. Ed

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I don't believe the pump can be rebuilt in these. If it goes, time for a new one. Does it have the black breather? If so get the new grey one. It is supposed to be better at keeping moisture out. If you haven't changed the filter in the reservoir yet, I would do that as well. They also have an upgraded filter. If you have the small round filter, you will need the kit. There is a support in the kit for the new style filter. I also put a couple ounces of SeaFoam Trans tune in with the fluid. I don't know how much it actually helps, but it doesn't hurt anything. I have the old style breather and haven't had any moisture issues, so maybe it does help?

3. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I guess when I said "pump" I meant the the entire unit.Just using pump as a generic term.Will see what I have for breather and will do a filter.Thanks Ed

4. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

MM2 pump is rebuildable, had mine redone by Angelo's out of Mich. Other folks do it as well, maybe Storks or some others.