1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 truck side light question

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by WHTTLHNTR, Dec 4, 2014.

1. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

I need to replace the wire to the truck headlights from the module. There is a light gauge purple wire all alone that goes down into my truck headlight. I am guessing it goes to my parking light or turn signal? I am not sure. I should have told you it is an 05 F350 6.0l. My drive side headlight will not work with plow harness plugged in. Narrowed it down to the harness. I just dont know where that purple wire goes. Thanks in advance.

2. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 PlowSite.com Addict

should have 2 pig tail wires on the driver side, 1 marker 1 turn. turn should be the purple and a brown for marker (at least that's what it is in my dodge) I had the same problem earlier this week found out the female plug (on the plow harness) that your truck harness goes into was bad, had to cut it and butt connect a new end. plugged the truck harness back into it and the other end into the headlight and everything was fine.

3. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

Thanks for the reply. I have high beams but no low beams, with me truck lights. I hook up plow and same. No low. If I unplug from the headlight and put back the factory truck connection everything works as it should with my truck. I figured it was a no brainer that it was the harness from the module to my drivers side headlight. Bought the harness got it all plugged in, still same problem. Could it be the number 3 port on the module is bad? All other plow functions work as they should, I just dont have low beam on the drivers side. Never easy! Any help, input, etc. would be appreciated, I am stumped.

4. dodgegmc1213

If you have a test light I would test the terminals in the plug on the module side (male end that goes into the module) with the low beams on you should have one terminal light up, if not then again might wanna check that female end like I mentioned in my first post

5. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

Thanks, Ill give it a shot with the test light.

6. dodgegmc1213

If it does light up then juice is going to the module, in this case most likely the module isnt shooting the juice back to your headlights

7. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

I got juice to everything up to the female end going into my headlight. Truck wire has juice going into harness. Either the new harness is bad, or module. Weird I have highs but no lows.

8. dodgegmc1213

Test the male end on the plow harness that goes directly to you headlight you have juice there?

9. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

I dont have juice passed the harness going to my truck light with my low beams. I have juice with high beams to truck and plow.

10. dodgegmc1213

So you have juice going to the module but not coming out of the module in low beam, so sounds like a bad module

11. WHTTLHNTR

WHTTLHNTR Junior Member
    from Raymond

That is what I am figuring. Weird all other functions work. Thanks for your help. It is very much appreciated.

12. dodgegmc1213

No problem hope you get it fixed, just funny how I had the same problem this week. Hopefully you could find a used module that you know is working because they are really expensive new