1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Strobe Lights in head gear

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by samjr, Oct 25, 2008.

1. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i got a Strobe set up with 6 up front and 6 out back out back is np but i got the old lights on the head gear and just want to know if any1 tried this yet and if so can u put some pics up of your install or your set uptymusic

pic of what i want to do on that page:drinkup:
  2. samjr

samjr Senior Member

can any1 help me with this 1
  3. BlueLine Ent

BlueLine Ent Senior Member

I'm sure its possible to put them in the headgear lights, but I wouldn't recommend it. The strobes bulbs arent built to take the kind of shock and shaking that they will get if you put them in the headgear lights.
  4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You would probably be better off getting a couple TIR/LIN3's to put on the headgear and use some weatherpack connectors....better able to withstand the shock too! Also, will be a lot better on the eyes too reflection wise when driving through the snow!
  5. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

I put two TIR3's on my plow and they give you warning power like you wouldn't believe I put them right next to my turn signals drilled holes right through the bar and put two grommets for the wires and ran the rest with the other wiring. you can just use a trailer wiring plug that is what i used and it works good. I also put two behind my grill and it is better then having a full width light bar

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

well, i saw it done once and they didn't have trouble with them..it was in the night hawk lights..there has to be a place to drill into the housing and seal it up with rtv...

there's a second guy who's gonna try this on two plows this year so i guess we'll see how bad it gets....3 plows will have em...if they can handle a high speed pursuit plowing should be easy but that's just my opinion..
  7. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member

8. nrplowguy

nrplowguy Senior Member