1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 strait to V on chevy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by kubotab7800, Jan 3, 2009.

1. kubotab7800

kubotab7800 Junior Member
    from NY

I have a 2005 chevy silverado set up for a 8' strait plow mm2 and would like to know what I need to change to make a V plow work on the truck.. also can I hook to the V with the set up that I have to bring it home. with my controler for the strait. the V plow I belive it is a 05 or 06..

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Need to change the main controll harness and controller.

and no, you cant work the v with a straight controller and harness., Take a floor jack along, pin the plow up to the truck throw the juack under the front of the A frame and short chain it.

3. kubotab7800

kubotab7800 Junior Member
    from NY

Awesome thanks do I need to change any of the other wires? I am working on a deal not sure if it will go thru just checking :)

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

nope, headlight wires to the truck side and the lighting wires stay the same, its just the harness that controlls the plow that needs to be changed on the truck.

Once you have it wired for a V you can still run a straight by putting a adaptor where the v controller plugs in and then run the straight controller behind the adpator.

5. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

My old boss had his truck set up for both the straight blade and the v plow. I think he had two isolation modules under the hood.

6. duramaxblade

duramaxblade Member

And he had two controllers inside the truck.