1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 straight blade to V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CHPL, Jan 22, 2006.

1. CHPL

CHPL Member

I have a 2003 chevy 2500hd and have to cahnce to get a 8.5V what components if any other than the control will I need? Thanks
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I believe you would need all new wiring and isolation module. The cylinders are doublle acting and can be worked independent of each other.
  3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Cet is close, it depepnds on what harness system you have on the truck. if its a relay system you will need to change the main vehicle control harness, you can leave the headlight cross harness in the truck. If its iso, you will need to change the Hyd control harness (port1), you do not need to change the iso mod itself.

On a side note, if your truck is wired for a V you can run a straight blade also by adding an adaptor at the plug where you plug in your controller, you also need to have a controller for that type of blade (i.e. straight blade uses staright controller, V uses V controller).

For those who run both types of blades and are adding trucks, you might want to think about wiring your new trucks for a v at the time of install, even if you are only planning on put a straight blade on the truck for now, that way you have the option to run either blade down the road.
  4. labinsky

labinsky Junior Member
    from Canada

converting to v

Thanks for the tips guys. I too am about to convert from a 7,6"rdMM2 to an 8,6"V. I was sizing it all up an i figured i would have to change out the main harness that goes to the cab, the hyd control harness that goes into slot one on the iso box, and of course the controller. Wish I had of thought of buying all v blade stuff in the begining, Crash 935 is right, it would definitely make more sense to install it in the begining, that way you can run straight or V.
  5. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

i know its old

OK so this is an old thread but hey Labinsky if you havnt already made the conversion to the 8 1/2 V, you should take a look at the New 7 1/2 Xtreme-V, it might be alittle more fitting for your truck, unless you got a new one. Just a thought.