1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 started being intermittent on movements?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ss502gmc, Jan 24, 2011.

1. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

The last storm i was plowing and tore up some lawn when my plow wouldnt raise and now its doing it for the up and down. Left and right angle seem sluggish when this happens. Its not constantly doing this, I plowed for 2 hours without a hic up and then it started doing it every other minute and then no issues for awhile again. Any ideas would be appreciated as we got a big storm coming Wednesday.

2. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

Bump^^^^^^^

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

When did you last change the fluid?

Is the fluid full?

Did you check to make sure the connections at the grill were tight? Are they clean and filled with dielectric grease?

Check your controller plug in as well. (under the dash)

Also check under the cover on the side of the pump (coils / valves....follow the control harness from the grill) make sure there is no corrosion, or loose spade terminals under there.

Where this is an intermittent issue, it's most likely a connection issue of some sorts. If you question anything, re do it, or clean it.

4. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

I just had a hydo line blow out so i Changed the fluid and used some electrical contact cleaner for the plugs and cleaned them all with a small brass brush and re greased the connections. I plowed for 20 hours straight and it did it to me once where the plow wouldnt drop. Im thinking my joystick controller might be getting worn out because the spring inside is starting to feel sloppy. I did have some corrosion on the plowside light harness but cleaned it all out and looks good. I have a fish stik as a back up so hopefully all will be good for the next one. Im sure it was a combination of things. So thanks for the input.