1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 spare parts list?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Dec 25, 2009.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

It's certainly not my first year with a blade, BUT this is my first year with a MM2 - Can anyone recommend a repair kit I should have on hand?
    I've already got spare PA hoses and fluid, what else should I keep on stand-by?

Thanks

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Motor Relay / Solenoid....5749K-1 with a small socket set to change it out.

The cool thing about the Fisher is, if you ever get in a bind, you can run the plow up on a snow pile and short chain it to get it back to the shop or home. From my previous experiences, the most common thing to need replacement is the motor relay / solenoid. Simple and easy fix. I keep a couple spares and a small 1/4" socket set in my tool box.

3. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Did the exact same move last storm with a friends Meyer blade after he KA-BOOOOM'd the pump.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Fuses for the controller. Pins - rams, pivot pin. Headlight. Depending on your budget, spare solenoid, cartridges, controller, rams.

5. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

+1 on the solenoid.. here is qiuck tip for a mid storm fix.. you can mount the new solenoid on the old solenoids stud.. fisher solenoid does not need to be grounded... saves a little time in a snow storm.. once the storm is done you can go back and replace the whole unit..

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Carrying a spare plow in the bed too? :D

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Now that's just silly. But there would be some advantages to it. Just pull off the parts you need. Or someone might need to moor a small boat for example.

8. MRBachand

MRBachand Senior Member

Spare Hydraulic Hose.... Extra Solenoid is the key. Extra bolt-nut for the springs. Also on my MM1 I run a large cotter pin through the top of the springs, so if a bolt snaps, the spring doesn't get lost in the snowbank, it stays put on the plow. Not sure if MM2 is the same way, but its cheap insurance.

9. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

We run all fisher plows so the parts fit all the MM2 we have. We stock hoses, cylinders, motors, relays, one controller, filter kits, and fisher fluid. Its better to have the parts and not need them, than to not have it and need it at 4:00AM.

10. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I forgot about my spare controllers. Expensive investment, but well worth it.

Not only do I have a spare controller for my current blade, but I have two backup PCB's for it. (speaking of which. I need to go list that 2nd one for sale again.)