1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Slow lifting

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by redneck farmer, Feb 13, 2008.

1. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Wondering if anyone had any ideas I was plowing today and my plow was working fine. all of a sudden it starting lifting really slowly. When there was no load(taking up chain slack) the lift was quick like normal, but as soon as the weight of the blade needed to be lifted the lift would slow to a crawl and barely lift the blade. I was in a jam and kept plowing and soon after it started working fine again. I was thinking it might be some junk in the screen? This is the first problem I have had with it in 4 years. The fluid wasn't low and there was no heavy snow load on the blade. Any ideas?
  2. Buster F

Buster F Senior Member

Sounds like it could be moisture in the fluid or perhaps a sticky valve. On a unrelated note - i see that you are from seacoast nh. I'm leaving for FL tomorrow for a month with a buddy from Seabrook and he's looking for someone to plow his driveway while he's gone. Give me a shout if you're interested or know someone who might be. Thanks, Roy 781-789-4595
  3. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i had the same thing happen to me the other night, i thought it was moisture in the pump, i changed the fluid, however after i changed it, it was the same, but i noticed a loud noise from the motor, it ended up being that it needed a new motor and bushing, because the bushing in the pump was no good, it was making the motor bind, but it angled just fine..
  4. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

adjust the hydraulic flow by turning the small screw near the pump. usually its hidden in the back. The more the screw is tightened, the slower it drops. The looser it is, the faster it drops. Also you need to change the oil & replace the filter every year.