1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 service and parts

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Nov 30, 2009.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

I am planning on doing a fluid service this weekend on my MM2. Want to clean the screen. Do I need any parts "seals, o-rings or filters" when doing this? What should I look for while doing it? I change the fluid every season but never too it apart to do the filter. Thanks

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

They sell a kit with a new filter, o-ring and retainer clip for the filter. Go easy when tapping the can off; a rubber mallet is helpful. The screws that hold the can on are small and a PIA. Clean the can and the magnet at the bottom and don't forget to put it back. Easy to do, just need a little patience. How many seasons on the plow?

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Its 5 years old. Just want make sure I have everything before starting. Have 2qt. of Fisher fluid on hand.

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

If you dig around on the Fisher site I think you can find the whole procedure detailed. May need 2 3/8 quarts if I remember correctly. Went 5 seasons with mine- used it quite a bit- filter looked like new as well as the bottom of the can, but I changed it anyway. Nice ride BTW- 66?

5. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Nice ride BTW- 66?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, yes 66, 283, 4speed and buckets all stock.

6. searay220

searay220 Member

Would you recommend the Fisher fluid over another product. I got something last season for a just in case in a blue plastic quarts.

7. searay220

searay220 Member

I ended up having the Fisher Dealer do the fluid and filter service earlier this week. Snowed today and noticed now when I turn the blade it is kind of loose. Meaning it won't stay where I want it. It will move a little extra. Is this because there maybe some air in the system and needs to work itself out???:dizzy:

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I'd call your dealer then....