1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Receiver Brackets Like Western?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by agtkgv, Nov 26, 2013.

1. agtkgv

agtkgv Junior Member

Does anyone know if the flared receiver brackets on the MM2 are removable like they are on the Western UltraMount? This may be the deciding factor between the XBlade and the ProPlus.

2. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

no they aren't

3. agtkgv

agtkgv Junior Member

Thanks. I'm concerned about ground clearance in the off season. The pics on the site of the Ford Super Dutys makes it seem like they don't go much below the airdam, but hard to tell, where the western's when removed put the brackets well above the middle of the dam. Anyone have issues scraping or hitting the receiver brackets? I would really prefer the Fisher SS SV2 to the MVP3, but also don't want to kill my ground clearance most of the time the truck is without the plow, or beat the snot out of the mounts.

4. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Neither mount really takes away from ground clearance

5. agtkgv

agtkgv Junior Member

Thanks, that helps. If there isn't a difference in ground clearance then I think the Stainless V Plow is the way to go over the steel MVP3.