1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 re-install Question --- F250

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Feb 7, 2012.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

I removed my push-plates and wiring from my 02 F350 before I traded it in. Now I'm re-installing it on a (new to me) 01 F250 7.3.

I made sure to note which fuse was tapped into when I took it apart ---- but the 01 diesel truck has a different fuse panel - about half the size of my 02 V10's.

Which fuse should I tap onto once I re-install my harness?

I know it should be a key-on fuse, but is there a preferred circuit?

Thanks All

2. grec-o-face

BTW, its a 4-port ISO BOX.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I have mine tapped into my cruise control fuse.I've also heard of guys tapping into the radio fuse but I also have an inline fuse at my controller power harness

4. grec-o-face

That's a good idea. Thanks!

5. grec-o-face

I came across the owners manual online. There's a 10 amp - fuse location #27 - called "Ignition Run Power Feed (Customer Access)".

I think that's my approach. Any thoughts?

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

No help here but I need to see pics of the new truck!

7. grec-o-face

As requested:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. plowguy43

Wow that is a clean truck! Did you get from that from the guy Kyle in Weymouth?

If so, I always see him posting some nice trucks on Craigslist and was weary if they were high in miles or had something wrong because he's got aggressive prices.

9. grec-o-face

I did get it from Kyle. He's a good guy to deal with. I've had a few friends buy trucks from him with very good results. So I didn't have any reservations about this particular 7.3

10. plowguy43

Great to hear, I've been eyeing an 06 Ram Quad Cab Sport, Dark Grey that he has there. I promised my wife I wouldn't buy another truck with payments for 2 years but its getting harder and harder when I see some nice deals out there LOL

Awesome truck you got there, best of both worlds - Superduty Crew Cab + 7.3 Diesel!:drinkup:

11. grec-o-face

thanks bro!!

Was there just last night --- he had a real good looking, ALL BLACK 24v dually.

12. plowguy43

I gotta ask, how negotiable is he? Pretty firm or is he willing to drop 1 or 2k off the prices?

13. grec-o-face

He's not much of a "bargaining" type of guy. More of a "Buy it now price" guy. I think he works with the idea that someone will buy it if you don't.

He will play the game a bit if you're trading something (as I did). And beyond that, he's willing to help with paperwork/registry running/insurance docs and whatever else quite a bit. Some dealers don't care at all -- he's pretty good.

14. grec-o-face

All set - I used the "Key On Power - Customer Access" fuse. Position 27 (on my 01 F250 7.3).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. chevyzrule810

Looks awesome! Paint that blade up and it will look like you just picked it up at the Ford dealer with a new setup! Snow coming tomorrow so you will get to use it Thumbs Up

16. grec-o-face

Thanks!!!
    So far, I'm very happy with the truck. Still need to "personalize" it a bit. That'll take time though.
    Of course, the blade just started acting up... I think it's a sticky S3 valve. Jerks right when angling left. Motor spins free for a few seconds before lifting when I press raise.

17. chevyzrule810

Some HIDs and rainguards would look good on it

18. grec-o-face

Hell ya!!!
    Rain guards went on earlier today!!! Gonna wait and do HIDs when I do the clear lamps/corners.

19. chevyzrule810

Didn't the truck you had before have HIDs in it?

20. grec-o-face

It did. I pulled em before I traded. They were 9008s for Harley lights. Not going that route with this one. And they were 6000K (fogs too). I'm going with 5000s this time. A little less blue.