1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 raising slowly

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by redneck farmer, Oct 31, 2011.

1. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

Pulled out the plow for our Oct. storm here in NE, and almost all the way through my route when I lifted the plow it would slow way down to barely moving while raising the plow. The left and right angle is working fine. I have some wheeping of fluid formthe top of the lift piston possibly the seals? There is plenty of fluid and shouldn't be any air in the system. I haven't had a chance to really look at it since I still don't have any power, thoughts?

2. bswalks

bswalks Member

I'm having a similar issue, bot also when I hit the angle on the fishstick
    It had a mind of it's own- going right when it should be goin left.
    Solenoid is new, I'm thinking fishstik???

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That would be your S3 valve acting up. I suggest you pull the cover and check the wiring, if all is well, pull the valves and clean them up. Pay special attention to the S3 valve, Remove the cartridge valve & look for visible contamination or damage. Push in on the end of the valve with a small pointy object......it should move freely through its entire travel, and spring back out once released. Chances are, it won't.

While all three are out, it's a good time to clean out the bores and a change your fluid and filter. It may just be a blockage..........

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  4. RepoMan207

from Maine

That sounds to me to be more like a ram issue, more then anything. Maybe an air problem, coupled with a bad seal......When was the last time it had a good ole' fashioned cleaning and over haul?

The leaking ram could also be unrelated, and you might just have contaiminated fluid, or failing pump. I would start by opening it up, and servicing it. It's that time of year.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  5. redneck farmer

Repo it is that time of year, but this Oct. storm got everyone a little messed up. I am thinking it is a ram related issue since the angle is working fine.

6. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

Mine ddi the same thing last year and it had a pump going bad

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

It takes more to raise a plow then it does to angle it. This is where a sluggish or failing pump rears its ugly head. Where if it were a seal issue, it would just leak profusely. By all means, I would start with the ram, but it wouldn't hurt to atleast open it up and change out the fluid, seal, and screen.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Redneck: I would also pull your S3 valve and check for bad seals.

9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

My MM1 SEHP Did that and it ended up being the fishstick Circuit Board. Cheaper to buy than the entire controller.

I'd check what Ryan/Repoman207 said first and if it doesn't help, try swapping controllers with someone if you have the availability.

10. bswalks

bswalks Member

Thanks for all the help. Repo, I will definitely check the
    valves & wiring. Also, I have a camp in the 207, I love the state, but hope to
    never run into you there on business!
    I did use a spare mini joystick & it seemed better.
    It was still slow while stacking snow, but plow reacted to angling
    the way it should. It did have a descent amount of chatter though, more than usual.

11. plowguy43

Depending on what you mean by chatter, the fishstick has soft stops when angling where the joystick is a hard stop. Almost feels like it slams when you let go of the joystick.

12. RepoMan207

from Maine

No sweat man. Where abouts is the camp at?

13. bswalks

bswalks Member

Hey plowguy. That's exactly what I mean. The stop with fidgeting
    Is slot smoother, joystick slams to a stop. Both have
    chatter, fishstick, I was told a little is normal.
    I see your from Maine like repo, great state.
    Repo, we have what I call a "shack" at Biddeford pool.
    It's the smallest house on the street, so many changes there last 20 years.

Parents had a place up your way, overlooking Sebago.
    Took our annual cruise on Songo River Qeen this summer
    Wow!! Lots of changes there!!!

14. plowguy43

Yeah I live about 10 minutes from Naples/The Causway and they are making big changes there. Its actually coming out very nicely although I liked the old swing away bridge.

I think you may have a bad Fishstick circuit board. As for the slow raising, I'd still check the cartridge as Repo said. I can't remember if there is something on the Insta Act to increase pressure on the lift cylinder but I thought there was ( maybe its just the XV's that have it? - Can't remember).

15. bswalks

bswalks Member

Ya. We missed the bridge too. I liked to take my family to I think it was called the causeway
    Restaurant?? It's someones house now I hear.
    My shop finally has power, so I hope to go thru the plow this weekend.
    Thanks for the advice man

16. redneck farmer

Plowguy, I went camping up in Naples last year at Naples Campground, my sister camps there quite a bit.