1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by brfootball45, Dec 10, 2009.

1. brfootball45

brfootball45 Senior Member

How you doing guys, I got a question about my MM2. This past Wednesday when i was plowing i noticed if i hit a good size amount of snow my plow would kind of straighten back out a bit. I plow with my blade angled to the right. Im thinking it may be low on fluid because a few weeks back i picked it up from this place because i was having them do a service on the plow. However when i picked it up one of the lines blew so they kept it and replaced the line i dont think they put that much fluid back in. The plow doesnt make any noises, but i just noticed that it was doing that while i plowed.

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

There is a pressure release valve that opens to keep from damaging the pistons and the blade itself. Its normal. New England concrete snow will do that to a plow.

3. searay220

searay220 Member

My MM2 did the same thing after the dealer did the full fluid and filter service.But after using it for weds storm it got better and better. I woud say air got in the system and just takes a little time to work it self out.

:salute:

4. brfootball45

oh alright so you guys dont think it has to deal with low fluid?

5. searay220

searay220 Member

I don't think so if yours is doing the same as mine.It wouldn't hurt to check it though.Mine started out not staying in the position I angled it to. It would seem to float past it. Also like you said it would move with a load on it. But as I used it more it seemed to get better and better. I hope for your sake as well as mine that this is what the issue is.

6. brfootball45

yeah i will check it tommorow but that does seem to be it though thanks for the help!