1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by harley hauler, Jan 31, 2004.

1. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

Hey guys was just wondering why the mm2 does not have a safety chain did'nt really dawn on me till I looked at my buddies new mm2 compared to my mm1/ any thoughts? Is there some king of check valve that stops the fluid from dropping the blade if a line false when the blade is up??

2. ebaron

ebaron Senior Member

I think they just decided to get rid of it. No check valve, I had a bad line and she kept on droppin. The safety chain was nice, but I think I may have used it once.

3. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

If you look at your lift arm,the clevis has a grab hook so to speak,if you need to,you can run the plow into a snow bank to lift it up and then pull your chain from one side to the other and hook it to keep it there.

4. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

I think the safety chain was a short lived feature for Fisher. Pre-Minute mount plows didn't have one and when they redesigned the headgear for MM2 they deleted the bracket for it. They probably found that so few actually used it why bother.