1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Pump Motor R&R

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jshocik, Dec 17, 2013.

1. jshocik

jshocik Member

Hi, I think I need a new pump motor on my MM2 straight X Blade plow. When I hooked it up a few days ago to make sure everything worked, the plow wouldn't move, just click. After tapping on the motor with a hammer, it worked, but it makes a lot more noise than before, & is a little hesitant moving the plow at first. I tried looking at past threads here to see if anyone else had the same problem, & I see some guys did, with the most common repair replacing the motor as the hammer repair method will only work so long.

After viewing a schematic of the plow pump & motor, it appears there are only 2 long bolts holding the motor to the pump. My question is changing the motor this easy? I'm hoping to hear from someone who has changed a pump motor. Thanks in advance. :help:
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

IF the bolts come out then yes its that easy. 2 wires and the 2 bolts.
  3. jshocik

jshocik Member

What do you mean "IF" the bolts come out? Will they break? Should I get replacement bolts while getting a replacement motor?
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yea they might break. Steel bolts, aluminum housing. Add water salt and put electricity through it. Rust corrosion is a lumming fact
  5. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Yes. Hopefully the bolts will come out without breaking. Getting new bolts is not the issue. The issue is getting the broken bolts out of the manifold/block without ruining it. I have done about 4 or 5 (removing the broken bolts that is) for other people. Also get yourself a new shaft seal when replacing the motor. They are cheap. the seal resides in the manifold.

This is one of the main reasons I made a cover for my pump. I posted it somewhere on here. Although not a Fisher pump. It is a Fenner pump but mounted the same way.