1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Problems

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SlamaNow, Nov 17, 2014.

1. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

I have a 8'6" ez-v plow and I cant get the thing on. I am assuming that the issue is that I added the counterweights to the back of the truck and that it is now sitting too low.

The plow seems to line up perfectly and the pins do not have any issue moving but it wont go in. anyone have any tips as to how to resolve this issue?

I have to get this thing on as I will have to plow this afternoon. First storm of the season. I wanted to get the darn thing on this morning but I damn near exhausted myself and had to go take care of salting.

2. LON

LON Senior Member

Plug in your connections so that you can put the plow into float mode. Not having the lift cylinder fully collapsed is probably holding you from pushing the headgear all the way up.

3. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

So you don't think that it could be that the plow is too high?

Can it be to high? the truck seems to move when I push on the headgear.

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You have no give in the plow. You generally have to lower the lift ram all the way down

5. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

so the fact that I have an extra 1000 lbs in the truck and that its sitting lower shouldn't make a difference then? the frame on the plow cannot be too high?

You are saying i have to just plug it inn, put it in float and it should be OK?

6. LON

LON Senior Member

The problem probably is that the front is too high from the 1000# of weight and your lift ram probably isn't down the whole way so you can't rock the headgear back into place. Once you get it hooked up you are probably going to have to re-level the T-frame.

7. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

Is unloading the truck putting the plow on and reloading the 1000 an option ?

8. SlamaNow

SlamaNow Member

You really know your stuff man. That was the problem. The headgear was not all the way down and was preventing me from pushing it back far enough to lock it in.

9. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

When you go to remove I make sure it is in float mode again.When you go to take it off the truck make sure the lift ram is all the way down.Sometimes you can push it down by hand.To much tension on the chain will prevent you from pushing the headgear back to lock it into the pushplates