1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 problem going up and angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by joedafs, Jan 8, 2014.

1. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

I have a 9 ft mm2 straight blade insta-act pump that is giving me problems going up and when I angle. The problem starts after about 10-15 minutes of use. It won't raise and I hear the motor working then I have to release the up button and try it again. After 1 or more tries it will go up. When angling especially left it will sometimes go to right or start to angle left and then switch to angle right or won't angle. I have to try it several times at times to make it perform properly. I think it would be a coil but not sure which one to replace as when I check the coils with a meter they all show fine.
  2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

3. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I'd start by trying a different, known good, controller.
  5. jshocik

jshocik Member

Judging by your description of your problem, it sounds like you have a fish-stik controller. These have been known to go bad & act up like the issues you describe. Before changing out valves & hard stuff like that, I'd try swapping out a known good controller first & see what happens, controllers are a lot easier to change & you'll know right away if it's that or not.