1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 plugs

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by charlg, Oct 5, 2007.

1. charlg

charlg Member

I just bought a new truck and MM2 HD plow. It has three plugs coming out of the grill. One has a cover, the other two do not. The covered one stays outside of the grill....it's protected. But the other two, I tuck into the grill and it's a pain to go in and find them when I hook the plow up. Am I doing something wrong?
  2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

For the winter I pull them out of the grill and tuck them together. This is what Fisher suggests. In the summer tuck them into the grill and plug them together. They are made to go together.

Put plenty of dielectric grease on them and you will be fine.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You can leave them hanging out, just plug them together like they are made to do....protects them, and like Flipper said...use a lot of dielectric grease! :)
  4. charlg

charlg Member

I plugged the plow connections together. I was not sure if there was any juice running through the connections under the hood.
  5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The whole system is inactive till the plow is put on the truck. Once you plug the plow light harnesses together you complete the ground circuit and all of the relays in the module will transfer the truck lights to the plow. The plow light harness has a ground loop from pin 2 to 7. With the plow not hooked up there is no ground to any of the relays in the module so it is completely inactive.
  6. earl964

earl964 Member

tuck them inside during the summer if not they will rub on your grill or bumber and leave marks
  7. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

Any one know If I can get the cover for the main plug. When I got my truck with the Fisher plow on it the cover for the main harness was missing.
  8. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

8291K is the part number. If this was a new plow install they should have installed it. Go back or call your dealer.
  9. roadrnnr

roadrnnr Member

I bought the truck from a Dodge Dealer who allready had the plow installed. Not sure who did it. I will have to find out but it was installed last winter.

Can I order this from Fisher if need be? Mabey online?