1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 plow harness removal

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SIXINAROW1, Feb 21, 2015.

SIXINAROW1 Junior Member

I'm pretty sure I have my plow sold. I wasn't going to take the harness out but my diesel tech said he has time to do it for me
    How hard is it to remove?
    There is a black isolation box up near the firewall on the passengers side.
    Will that had to be removed too? Or even part of the plow set up?
    I trust the guy removing it completely but I am a little on edge having it done. I'm worried about electrical gremlins later
    Has anyone done this?...
  2. 55cgas

55cgas Member
    from NJ

LOL, you could have asked me this.. It is 98% just plug and play, meaning the headlight harness just plugs into you're existing headlights, so removal is just un plugging it and plugging you're stock truck harness back into you're headlights. The isolation box is part of the plow, that pretty much has nothing to do with the trucks stock wiring, plow only. The only wires spliced into you're truck wiring are the parking lights and a keyed power wire. The big harness with 2 plugs is just attached to you're battery and the plow solenoid, also goes with the plow. Once the harness is out it'll look like it was never there.

SIXINAROW1 Junior Member

Ok like I said I have confidence in my guy getting it out.