1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 - plow blade not coming up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by LTG, Jan 13, 2011.

1. LTG

LTG Junior Member

Greetings... first time on this site. I have Fisher MM2 plow - 8 foot it is 6 years old. I had extreme electrical problems while plowing yesterday during the northeast blizzard. The electric motor would not stop " working " even on float. It finally starting hissing and and making a loud poping sound. I turned the ignition off and all the power in my 2006 Silverado 2500 HD - with plow package (beefed up alternator) drained. I quickly disconnected the main grill connection to the motor and the truck started up fine but reconnecting caused the same issue.

Given the symptoms and some on line searching I figured out it was the motor relay. I purchased the " emergency repair kit" when I purchased the plow and it contained a new motor relay. I swamped it out and tested the plow and it worked perfectly. Headed out plowing again and was able to complete 1 account at 9 PM and when leaving the plow blade would not lift. I had side to side motion - but slow. Hydraulic fluid was fine, disconnected and reconnected the grill electric connections. Checked most of the electrical connections I could reach but no luck

A fellow plow driver stopped and stated that it sounded like the electric motor was shot and did not have enough power to lift the blade. Before I purchase a new electric motor I was hoping someone on here could confirm that it is the electric motor and not something simple/obvious that I should check and fix.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - LTG :help:

2. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

It is possible that the electric motor has some burnt out brushes,. Also check and see if you have a bad cartdridge. There is a way you can bench test them to check. The Fisher website has all that information.