1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 only goes up about 3 inches

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Miket68, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Miket68

Miket68 Junior Member
    from eastern

I have a MM2 was working fine for the first hour, I back bladed a pile of snow, ran it over backwards and my plow jumped and didn't want to go up after. This may or may not have anything to do with my problem. The plow goes up only about 3 inches off the ground then makes a noise like it's out of fluid. I changed and blead the system, I jacked the plow up with a floorjack to make sure it isn't binding. I dissconnected the chain and the ram went all the way up without the plow attached. I took the pump off and looked inside. There are 2 filters, The little rubber on is clear, I haven't checked th stationary plastic one yet. I pulled the pump off but it seems to be a sealed unit unless you can take them apart. When i drained the fluid there seemed to be a metalic look in the fluid. I don't know if it was settlement on the bottom of the resivor or not. Plow moves right and left fine. Don't know where to go from here. thanks

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like a valve

3. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

It sounds like the same thing mine did... check the relief valve for the lift cylinder. It may need to be turned in slightly.

If you go to fisher's website and search the publications for relief valves you should find how to change them out. I just used the directions on how to set them up, and didn't change mine. It works great now.

Good luck.