1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 on lifted chevy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BTRBLDR, Nov 21, 2010.

1. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

My buddy is installing a MM2 on his 06 chevy 2500hd crew cab duramax and I was wondering if there was any mods needed to the plow or push plates for his application. He has a 6' suspension lift. I was thinking that maybe a custom block/spacer kit to build down the push plates before they go on his truck? I'm sure this has been done before on here so if anyone can help us I appreciate it. I did a search and came up with nothing.

One of my other buddies has a 99 chevy 1500 with an 8" suspension lift with a MM1 and his plow has been modded with extra chain and some really crappy welds to the frame of the plow. I would really like to avoid that so if you have any other ideas or pics that would be great!ussmileyflag

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Modifying the A frame is the easiest way to go on the Fisher's IMO.

This is how mine has been modified to work with my lifted truck, the welding was done by the welder at work with over 30 years experience and it looks great. Not crappy at all.

3. BTRBLDR

BTRBLDR Member

Thanks, I guess I will take a look at my other buddies 1500 and see what we can do to make it work.

4. Deere444H

Deere444H Junior Member

Is he going to plow with 35" tires? or stock. I have a 4 inch in my superduty, and with stock tires i just run it on the top hole and longer chain... no issues, second plow ive had on the truck like this.

5. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Im running an 9.5 x vee on a superduty with a 4" lift and I plow with 35's, no modification to the mount or extra chains. Its in the lowest hole on the a frame.