1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 on 2001 F250 Installation Questions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hookspacken, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Hookspacken

Hookspacken Junior Member
    from 12182

I have recently picked up a MM2 8' HD for my '01 F250, I removed it from an '03 F250. Before I attempt to install it on my truck I have a few questions I hope you guys can help me with. My questions are as follows:
    When I took the plow off the '03 250, the drivers side headlight was not functioning, both plow and vehicle. Their is was 4 port iso module with the headlights plugged into 3 & 4, I belive. When I switched # 3 & 4 ports, the drivers lights worked and the passenger side was out. I am taking this to mean the iso module has a bad port, correct?
    If that is the case, and I have to purchase a new module, does the '01 take the same 4 port module as the '03? I have tried to use the Fisher E Match, but cant get any part numbers and the local Fisher dealer doesnt seem to want to be of any help unless they are doing the work on the vehilce.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Hookspacken

Hookspacken Junior Member
    from 12182

Anyone?..........Somebody has to know somw information......

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

More than likely the main harness was not configured correctly for the type of headlights. Fisher and western both have trouble shooting guides available onlune that will cover this problem.

4. LON

LON Senior Member

These modules are really fool proof. They had one that was almost completely full of water at the factory and it still worked! Do look at the configuration plug. It is probably configured for a postive based system and the truck was a negative based system.

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

I had the same thing happen, I had to switch the wire on the small pig tail from one side to the other and both lights worked.