1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 not working?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tim weidman, Nov 19, 2011.

1. tim weidman

tim weidman Junior Member

hello everyone. new to site and have a question. went to hook up plow for the 1st time this year and nothing works. hit switch in any direction and all i got was a twitch! this plow was working fine when put away. motor works fine. removed and replaced the fluid and made sure the pickup was still on - ok. same result. i beleive the pump is bad just looking for opinions before i spend money i don't really have. i have heard about some type of valve in the pump going bad? never had one apart and was wondering if anyone hear has. thanks tim
  2. LON

LON Senior Member

is the power cord plugged together correctly? I've seen this before.
  3. JBMiller616

JBMiller616 Senior Member

I had something like this happen to me last year and and it ended up being the connection for my controller. It was corroded a little bit, and the power pin had come loose. Every time I would hit the button to move it the plow would wiggle for about a second and then stop. Almost like the plow was up against a wall while trying to move it. I cleaned up the plug and made a new pin for the power wire and all was fine after that.
  4. Use a set of booster cables and run power to the + terminal of the lift motor. So battery ground to lift motor ground and then battery positive to lift motor positive. This bypasses all cables and controls and will power the lift motor. If it lifts the blade fine then its not a pump problem.