1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 not hitting the ground when angled right

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stacks04, Dec 15, 2010.

1. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my plow angled right. When it is right, the right side of the blade does not contact the ground. It is almost like it is binding but it seems to move freely. It will have full contact when straight and angled left though. It is even more strange because when angled right the plow naturally hangs lower on the right side do to the angles of all the moving parts so you would think it would hang up the opposite way but its not. It really sucks because I have one place I do that is almost all angled that way and we have a nor easter supposedly coming this weekend. Thanks alot in advance.
  2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

From what I can decipher from your description, I would say your A Frame is tweaked, or your not on level ground. Check your trip edge for cracks as well.

Your not referring to your pro wings edges are you?
  3. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

No, the actual fisher blade. I had it in the shop yesterday and everything seems to be straight and level. I am leaning to the angle rams not being free moving enough with regard to the pins holding them to the a-frame and the the blade. On every other plow here at the shop you can grab hold of the angle ram and it moves up and down, left and right all minimal movement but there is "play" on them. On mine there is no play what so ever and I am thinking that that is whats binding and causing it to do what it is doing.

Once I took the plow off this am, there was barely any movement in them but only with it off the truck and at that all that moves is the pins, the rams appear to be corroded right to the pins that hold them on place. I will disassemble them this evening and clean and lube them all. I bought this plow used from a work mate mid season last year and have dont nothing to it until now, so it has lacked maintanence for sure. Hopefully this solves the issue.

I hooked to another blade assm today to verify it wasnt something bent on my truck and I was correct, it is definately and issue with the mm2 I have and not the truck frame.