1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 not getting power to handheld & headlight question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bigboss1, Nov 19, 2011.

1. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

i want to start by saying i love fisher i have owned them before and will continue to buy the my problem is i have only owned the older mm1's I just picked up a 7'6" mm2 straight blade used for my 1996 gmc 2500 it has the 4 plug isolation module and a handheld controler (brand new) i wired everything exactly as it says but am not able to get the controller to turn on and i need some help on where to start
    keep in mind i have not hooked the plow on to the truck yet as it is sitting in my shop at the moment but i was told by someone that the newer plows wont turn on until the plow is connected?? is this true?
    and as i said before i am new to the mm2 wiring so could it be a problem with the isolation module any help would be awesome

another quick question the truck this plow was originally on was a 1997 chevy 2500 with the 2 composite headlights i am now installing it on a truck with the single 3 prong sealed beam headlights does anyone know the part number for the headlight harness i need
    thanks again

2. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

The controller won't have power to it unless the plow is on. My MM1 is this way as well. Not sure about the harness though. Go to Fisher's ematch and put your truck info in. It will give you all the part numbers you need. http://www.fisherplows.com/fe/showroom/ematch.php

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Yup........X2

4. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

thats weird i had a 97 2500 dodge with a mm1 and the controller always had power if the key was on thanks alot guys you just lifted a huge weight off my back knowing that isolation module isn't bad

5. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Maybe some of the earlier MM1s were like that. Mine has a 4 port iso with the instact pump.