1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 No Power

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by UpstateDzlGuy, Dec 10, 2013.

1. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

Morning everyone, I am looking for a little guidance with my MM2 I just transfered over to my '06 Dodge Cummins. I finished installing the electrical last night and when I went to try it out I had nothing. The plow attached fine, thankfully, but I have nothing electrical wise. I tapped the power point fuse in the fuse panel where the previous western plow was tapped. I noticed the main plug when I connected it wouldn't seat all the way due to some corrosion. I have another new "C" harness that I am going to try. Barring any bad fuses or connections, would this harness being bad cause the issue?The truck lights all work fine by the way.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So the lights work but no plow?
    No light on the clicker?

3. UpstateDzlGuy

No, I have nothing. It's connected and acts as if it isn't. No light to the controller, truck lights on, no plow lights, and no movement of the plow. I'm leaning to replacing the "B" plug that connects to the light harness on the plow as it is a little corroded. I don't think the Black/Orange ground is making a connection and therefore the isolation module doesn't recognize the plow. Luckily I have a brand new harness to try!

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Should be a smaller red wire attached to pump solenoid. Make sure it is one the post that is connected to the battery.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure all connections are clean of corrosion and greased.Im assuming you have your power wire to your controller connected to a key on source? Make sure the black wire with the orange stripe with the plug from the truck harness is plugged into the black wire with the orange strip with the plug from the negative battery terminal.And like kimber said make sure the small red pump solenoid wire is connected to the same post that the battery positive wire is attached to on the solenoid under the hood

6. UpstateDzlGuy

Definitely will double check everything guys. It came off of my old truck as it is without unhooking anything other than the light connections and the plugs on the ISO module.

7. dieselss

If the lights work then that blk/og wire is going to the ISO mod.

8. UpstateDzlGuy

No there's no plow lights or pump response.

9. dieselss

Ok. I miss read that
    Try the new harness and see what happens

10. dieselss

Did you also ck the 3 fuses and there power source?

11. UpstateDzlGuy

I checked all the fuses and cleaned the connections as well as replaced the harness and I'm back in action. It was definitely the Black/Orange ground not grounding out causing the issue. The plug at the grill was shot, 9 years old, and was the problem. Thanks for all the advice!

Chris

12. dieselss

Good deal.....