1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 mounting problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Houlie7, Oct 29, 2005.

1. Houlie7

Houlie7 Junior Member

Need some help guys, Hopefully this is a easy one. I just had my plow frame from my 01 f350 mounted on my 04 f350. I checked with fisher (its a MM2) and my 04 (a early model) uses the same mount and pushplates so it should work. Well I attempted to put the plow on today and everything was fine until I went to push the headgear up to lock it into place. It wont go up enough to allow the pins to lock in it's about 1/2 inch off. I did notice that on the plow frame there looks to be 2 pins with cotter pins that could be removed to adjust the headgear to get it to lock in. Is this what I should do? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. tessdad

tessdad Member
    from S.E. MA

First, check to be shure there is slack in the chain.
  3. jglandscaping

jglandscaping Senior Member

nod: Fisher has a vast library of install manuals and service manuals. Check them out, should help you out.:waving: Slack in the chain also might help
  4. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

Is the new truck higher than the old. If so, try this first. Back away from it. Tip the headgear all the way forwward. Slide the jack down a click or two. Then pull the headgear back straight up. this will raise the height of the a frame when sitting unmounted. once that is higher, and you drive into it, then, you push the headgear back, and the pins should lock into place. Ive had this happen to me a few times if i leave my plow on a soft surface. the jack tens to sink and the pins wont reach the holes.
    after you done this, readjust the cutting angle if your plow these adjustments.
  5. Houlie7

Houlie7 Junior Member

Thanks guys for the help I was able to get it mounted up today and everything is fine. I used a floor jack and got the pins to lock then took it off. I then was able to drive right up to it and lock it in easily. I think the new truck (FX4 package) sits a little different than my 01 F350. My 01 sat even front to back my 04 the rear is a bit higher than the front. Either way its good to go now just need some snow. Thanks again guys