1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm2 motor whining

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Rzrrunner, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Rzrrunner

Rzrrunner Junior Member
    from Mass

Hey guys I was out yesterday plowing and all of a sudden my plow won't lift or angle. Whenever I touch the joystick it reacts but it makes a loud whine/ grind noise. Any idea what it could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a 9 ft mm2 3 plug

2. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I think u need a new plow motor

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Reacts as in how? Does it actually move to the proper function?

4. Rzrrunner

Rzrrunner Junior Member
    from Mass

No matter what way I move the joystick it will react with the same whine

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

How is the fluid level and condition?

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Whenever I touch the joystick it reacts

Again, if you go left will it go left? Will the plow actually move?

7. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

Sounds to me the motor is running as it should but the pump isn't....

8. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

It sounds like the pump.

9. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

When is the last time the fluid and filter has been changed, it does sound like the motor is working and the pump is not moving the fluid. Or, make sure you did not lose the ground to you valve coils, if that were to happens the motor and pump will be working as they should but the valves are not opening to allow plow movement.

10. leigh

from CT

Its the pump,easy fix.

11. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

When was the last time you changed the fluid? You should really change it every year.May want to change it and and replace the inlet fitting and filter and clean the return screen before you put a pump on it

12. leigh

from CT

I might not be right but I think if you pull the pump you'll find broken shaft or gears,There's not a lot in there to break.Just my 2 cents.

13. NEH

NEH Junior Member

Third time I've posted this today! If the motor runs (and squeals!) but you get no angle/lift, then it's possibly the solenoid control wiring from the truck to the plow. The connectors get cruddy, or the wires break, then you get no/partial solenoid control and the pump running, basically deadheading the pump. Have someone wiggle the wires and connector while you hold the joystick in one position...

14. leigh

from CT

Who wins the guessing contest ? What was the problem?