1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 motor brush replacement?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bran1har, Sep 10, 2016.

1. bran1har

bran1har Junior Member
    from CT

I have a MM2 with the instact pump on it, I want to check out the motors condition, maybe put new brushes in it just to be sure its good to go for the winter and i dont run into any problems. I havent seen any threads about replacing the brushes, clean up the contact area, do those torx screws in the side come out and thats where the brushes are? If anyones done this before let me know, or is it not supposed to come apart and you just buy a new one when it fails?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The brushes are on the top right under the cap.
    It was asked before, and the consensus was just replace the motor if your that worried about it.

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

To my knowledge, Fisher does not offer the brushes for the current insta-act motors as replacement pieces. I recall back in the day they used to offer them for some of the older generation motors, but they had several different manufacturers that they used for them and the brushes were not interchangeable, so you had to identify which make you had to see if they were even available. As dieselss said, for around $150 most people just replace the motor, usually when needed, not as a preventative maintenance thing.