1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 motor bad how to replace

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by stillen, Jan 24, 2011.

1. stillen

stillen Senior Member

Hey guys, can anyone tell me how to replace the motor on my MM2? It appears to just be two bolts on the bottom that attach it into place. Do i need to drain the fluid first? Any hints help is greatly appreciated as I have a storm on it's way...

Thanks...

Mike

2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

No need to drain the fluid. You need to check the bushing in the top of the pump for excessive wear before installing new motor. Clean the surfaces well. Treat the threads of the bolts. Treat the bushing sparingly. Clean and reattach battery leads.

3. skibum

skibum Junior Member
    from boston

Overall, it's pretty easy to do even for a novice like myself. Disconnect the wires. Take the (2) bolts off the top and you should be able to lift the motor right off. If it doesn't, tap it with a mallet or something similar. Clean the surfaces on the pump body and when installing the new motor, put a dab of grease on the washer. I also ran a small bead of rtv on the motor where it meets the pump. I had to replace mine cuz there was corrosion inside from moisture. Reattach the wires and test. The hardest part for me was taking the old and corroded off, the rest went pretty smooth