1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm2 leak and slow raise

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by critter, Feb 23, 2015.

1. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

First wanted to thank all of u for excellent help over the years sometimes don't even need to post if I have a problem

But this time us different I have a small leak where the pump attach to the motor is there a seal there?

Second my plow is intermittently raising slower than normal my lift cylinder is leaking and I will be purchasing a seal kit this am just wondering if that could be causing it or something more? The fluid was changed beginning of the year and it was really doing it Sunday when it was warm [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

How is the fluid level?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yes there's an oring in the tank to pump mounting. If your gunna order parts, look into a filter (kit) And new tank bolts.

Start with fixing all the leaks and fluid first, then look into the slow raise.

4. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

Fluid level is good I did change the filter I will get another kit and try that

5. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I could be wrong but the one leak appears to be coming from the weep hole at the bottom of the motor,if this is the case you have a bad pump seal and it won't be long before your lookin at a new motor,if this is the case the unit is coming apart so you will want a new motor bearing as well which requires a special tool,the seal/bearing kit are under $5,don't bother messing with it without the proper tools.
    As for the lift cylinder,don't waste your money on a seal kit,get part# 48985,it's a new gland nut with an imptorved seal kit already installed,around $20.

6. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

Here is another pic I cleaned residual oil and with In a hr there is more and i did not move truck the little hole in pic tho does not seem to be where it is coming from, not sure what weep hole ur talking about [​IMG]

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Almost looks like it is coming up past the quill adjustment.

8. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed,could be part of the lift issue as well though I'd rather see it constant than intermittent

9. kimber750

Only thing I could think of if it is coming out past the quill is that the check valve is not opening and forcing the fluid past the quill to raise.

OP open up the quill and see it will raise faster.

10. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

Definitely coming through the quill I did a little testing so now what should I do

11. kimber750

Start with removing quill and inspecting the o rings.

12. critter

critter Junior Member
    from 01757

Oh nice thanks, I wasn't sure if there was a oring there hopefully that's it

13. kimber750

Make sure plow is on the ground and ram is down or you may end up with an oil bath.