1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Jerked Right when trying to go LEFT...

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by grec-o-face, Jan 30, 2011.

1. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Noticed some eratic behavoir from my MM2 during the last storm.

I went to angle Left and the blade jerked to the right and stopped. Tried a few times and it happened again and again. I then powered the Fishtick off - then back on. It seemed to fix the issue. But, what caused it????

2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Could be water getting into the grille plugs. Had the same issuue at the end of the last storm; cleaned, dried and put some electric grease on them and it seemed to fix the issue.

3. grec-o-face

I'm pretty good about making sure the connections are ok, but ill double check everything when I hook up tomorrow am.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

That would either be your controller or a connection issue with your S3 valve somewhere.

Open up your controller, and make sure the connection from the harness to the PCB is tight (white connector). Then check your connection at the controller / control harness to make sure it's tight. Also look for broken or frayed wires behind each connector, and then again behind each grill connection (light blue wire). Then remove your coil/valve cover on the side of the pump assembly, inspect the spade terminals and make sure they're tight.....it might be a good idea to pull the valve to inspect it as well...orings, obstruction, spooling....

If everything checks out, then you might consider having a back up controller or replacement PCB (cheaper) on hand in case it fails mid storm. Chances are it's a loose connection at the PCB if it's not consistent....but those PCB's do fail.

I'm pretty sure you know the locations and what not, but I'll include some diagrams just the same......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. grec-o-face

Repo,

Thanks for the detailed info!! A+

I unplugged the controller and found a little corrosion on a pin. I cleaned and greased it - no change. (I do roll with a spare controller - so if it happens again I'll have one to try). But I will pull the S3 valve and check it thoroughly.

6. grec-o-face

Ok. New problem, the blades creeping down now. So I just pulled the S3 set up and almost got drenched. Everything looked good and all the o-rings were ok. I put everything back together and it seems to be a bit better. Still jerks a little when I angle left...

7. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

The next time it creeps down, unplug the controller real quick, if it keeps going, it's Plowside. If it stops...then get another PCB or switch to your backup controller. Truck has to be on......obviously.

if this persists, pull all your valves and test them fully, as well as look for blockage in the bores. Make sure to push in on the end of each valve to check for smooth operation.....oh yeah, you may need a rag lol.

8. grec-o-face

OK. The blade creeps with the controller disconnected. It's def on the blade side. The creep has been getting worse throughout the day also. And it did the JERK right/left/right thing again.
    What should I take apart next? And what should I look for? Bad O-rings, debris....?

9. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

mine did the same type stuff yours is doing mine would not hold an angle it would creep back I replaced the manifold and the problem is gone

10. grec-o-face

UPDATE:

After installing a fresh S1 Valve ($40), the blade is holding strong. Keeping it up is a good thing!

I'm going to swap to my back-up controller (also a Fishtick) per B&B's advice to see if it stops my occasional Jerk R/L/R. I won't know the results til tommorow pm. Yup, more snow/rain/snow. What a winter!

11. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Aaron- My old SEHP did the same jerking to the wrong side and it ended up being a controller. $100 for a new PC Board and never had the problem again.

On a side note- how are the prowing's working out? What are your impression's of them?

12. grec-o-face

I just switched over to my spare controller. I hope that'll take care of it.
    As for the pro-wings, they're awesome. No kidding about being faster and leaving little to no trails. I'm very impressed. Thanks again for the sale!