1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Install on 2014/2015 Ram 2500 Gas

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SnowOps, Mar 6, 2015.

1. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

I currently have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.4 HEMI with an XLS plow. I just ordered a new 2015 Ram 2500 HEMI and want to switch the plows over. Dealer told me somewhere between 500-700 bucks. Looked under the truck, and looks simple enough to remove and install myself, just prob a solid day of work. I looked on Fishers site and cant seem to find the install instructions for these years. I find up to 2013 with no problem. I know they are different, because on my 2014 my tow hooks remained totally intact and usable on the front of the truck, and previous years, they had to be removed. Anyone out there have the instructions, or can point me to someplace that does? or have input? Please share. eMatch says I can use all the same parts for both years, lists the mount as a 7191, but the instructions online for that mount don't match at all with my truck. Different front end design...so even that part confuses me.

2. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I am no expert but here is what I know,

In 2013 dodge/fisher changed the push plates to accommodate the heavier diesel engine, these plates are the 7197, these will fit any dodge diesel from 2010 and up. The 7191 will only fit diesels from 10-12, but they will fit any gas motor from 2010 and up.

Now do you know for sure which plates you have? It shouldn't matter because the 7191 will fit and the 7197 will also fit.

3. SnowOps

SnowOps Junior Member

plates

while ematch says to use the 7191, im 99% sure I have the 7197 plates

4. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

Ok those will work