1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Insta-Act only goes up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 99transam, Dec 26, 2015.

1. 99transam

99transam Junior Member
    from MA

Plow worked great last season. Just pulled it out today and I can only get to plow to lift up. I cleaned all the electrical connections... I do not hear any solenoid click when I try to angle or lower the plow. What should be my next step?

Thanks

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Can you try a different controller?

3. 99transam

99transam Junior Member
    from MA

I'm going to borrow a friends tomorrow...

4. 99transam

99transam Junior Member
    from MA

So I tried another controller and it worked for about 5 min and now both controllers only go up...

5. dieselss

What i would look at next would be the controller connector. The pins "close" and then make internment contact

6. 99transam

99transam Junior Member
    from MA

Is there a way to "Open" them back up?

7. dieselss

The controller is the male, razor blade or exacto knife works good.
    The other is the female. Those are a pain, but you could try to squeeze them together a little. Be careful, there delicate.
    Double check where you have the controller power hooked up, and the fuse as well.

8. 99transam

99transam Junior Member
    from MA

Ok, just played around with the connector and nothing has changed. When I first plugged in the new controller it worked fine and then jut quit after cycling through the controls a few times... I'm stumped, the plow is stuck up and I cannot get it down.

9. dieselss

You have a partner that can help?
    I would block up the plow so it don't fall. And then remove the coil cover, and test light the wires on the coils while a function is being pressed.
    If your float is coming on when you press down, you can still test light that. Still blocking up the plow tho.