1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Hydraulic Left to Right plow issues.

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Nummy, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Nummy

Nummy Junior Member

I have a 2002 MM2 HD 7 1/2 plow on a 2003 Silverado. I have had this truck for 4 years. This issue has been with me from the start.
    I have a dash mounted Joy Stick. When I move the Joy Stick from right to left the plow will move and when I release the Joy Stick the plow blade will slide to a stop like it is suppose to. However when I move the Joy Stick from left to right the plow blade will move as it is suppose to. When I release the Joy Stick the plow will slam to an abrupt stop and shake the whole plow frame. It will do this at any location that the blade is in. It acts is if it is at the end of the piston stroke, when it's not. I don't know if this is an electric issue with the Joy Stick or could it be something with the hydro unit. I just did a complete fluid flush.
    Thanks to All
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There is no issue. It's normal operation for the joysticks from day one.