1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JLsDmax, Jan 11, 2012.

1. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

i have a MM2 plow, i believe it is around 2003, (bought with truck, truck is an 2003) I need a new motor for it. It is a canister style bottom (the part below the motor). Part number is 21500K. I need help findng a site that is reasonably priced, I can get the pump for $149 from a local dealer. I have seen them for cheaper. does anyone know of a place online that may be cheaper, shipping included to mass. I dont mean to sound cheap, but it hasnt snowed, so there is more money going out than coming in, and my mechanic said its the worst condition motor assembly he's ever seen.

2. ChrisFromBoston

ChrisFromBoston Junior Member

It's just a Prestolite starter motor. I forget the Lester cross-reference number, but if you bring the motor in to Boston Auto Electric in Dorchester they have the right replacement for about $72 out-the-door.

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

4. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Better to have it then not have it at all

6. MtnClimber

MtnClimber Member

I got mine at the dealer for cost, which was less than $150. They treat me right so I keep going back Thumbs Up

Good luck with your search!

7. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

im going to end up going to the dealer, they treat me right, give me any info i need when fixing things and they've been there at 3am crawling around under a sander when its freezing out. i think $150 out the door and i know they have the gaskets i need.

8. bigboss1

bigboss1 Member
    from pa

9. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

i got the motor installed today, replaced the motor assembly, new filter, new fluid. total came to like 150 for the parts. ill take it. i was looking at 160 some places for just the motor

10. MtnClimber

MtnClimber Member

Good deal! Thumbs Up
    Reading this thread inspired me to change my fluid/filter/pick-up tube today. Glad I did, there was barely any room for fluid to flow thru the filter there was so much gunk!:eek: