1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 headlights

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by camaro 77, Feb 14, 2010.

1. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I have to old style lights and burnt out a bulb what bulbs are you guys using looking for something brighter instead of the factory type wagner and how are they holding up to the vibration and abuse of the plow

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Many people have gone to HID's (including me). But if you're just looking for a basic upgrade - I'd go with some SilverStars.

3. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I would love to go the hid do you have a link or any more info about this any pics of the install thanks for any help you can give me

4. grec-o-face

Just a quick ebay search gave me these. They come with bulbs and would DEF be brighter than the sealed beams. They're not HID's, but they're way less work to install. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/165mm-H4656-H4-EURO-CONVERSION-HEADLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ330403003382QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4ced8dbbf6

5. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

thanks for the info any idea what the watts are on the factory sealed bulbs are

6. grec-o-face

I'm pretty sure they're 35's.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

You could just buy the Buyers Snowdogg replacement lights. Looks like they are $189/pair.

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If your going to spend upwards of $200 on a set of old style lights, why not go with the new intensifiers. The whole kit is around $200, Well worth it in my opinion.

9. RepoMan207

from Maine

Whats with the HID's in the plow housing's? Do you have to re wire the light system or is there a threshold that you can't go over?

10. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

this is what I would like to know more about I hear alot of talk about thim but can not find any info on the install end of this set up

11. grec-o-face

I'll be opening mine up 2moro to adjust the lamp, I'll take a few pics of my install.

12. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

Alaska Boss did a couple of HID installs on his plows. You will not have high beam with them. I hear you probably won't need them anyways. I don't think there would be any issue since the HID would be 35w, although 55w are available. I don't recall if AB used the relay harness or not with his.

13. 06Sierra

from Maine

14. RepoMan207

from Maine

Here is the actual install instructions that come with the kit.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/28810.05_061506.pdf

Do your current lights have 2 bolts that mount to your headgear? Some of the MM2 headgears required a extension bracket to mount them. Others either have the two holes already, or are simply wide enough to be able to drill the second hole. It all depend on what generation you have. Here is the instructions for the extension brackets just in case you do need them or if you just want to get a better idea.

http://www.fisherplows.com/pdf/28334.02_010106.pdf

The kit is 28800, the extension bracket is 28330. Shop around for the actual kit if you go this route, they range in price from just over $200 to upward of $350!

The intensifiers are a huge upgrade in my book. I guarantee you won't be disappointed with them.

15. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

so there is no room to mount the ballet on the inside of the light housing that was what I could not understand not sure I like the idea of it mounted on the side out in the weather like that

16. 06Sierra

from Maine

Shoot Alaska Boss a pm. I don't recall him having any troubles with them out like that.

17. grec-o-face

There IS room. I have my ballasts inside the housing. I have the old style headlights. It's tight - but not a huge issue.
    The thread that was listed above with the ballasts outside is a BLIZZARD set-up. Fisher style headlamps have more room inside.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  18. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

and where do I buy this kit to convert these over what are you using in the search on ebay or are you getting them somewhere else

19. grec-o-face

Ebaymotors is most likely your best choice for low-buck parts for this kind of job.
    I use a private vendor for all of my HID's. But they are all over the internet. Again, Ebaymotors has them VERY CHEAP!!!
    If you run a single beam HID it's just a plug and play install - BUT, you lose Hi Beam - many people say the single beam is more than enough light.
    If you decide you want Hi/Low HIDs, it's a good idea to run a dedicated power source directly from the battery (requiring an additional harness of some sort) to power the lights/relay. It's a bit more work for this kind of install.

20. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

grec-o-face check your PM'S