1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 headlight options???

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Maleko, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

I have a MM@ X-Blade with the older style square lights. Hate them with a passion .. Light output is horrible for me at least..
    What are my options for replacement lights. Is it just the newer style fisher lights my only option?
    Quite a fe of my friend have the newer ones and i would say 80% of them they are broken , housings cracked etc.... Yes they give more light output but they always break ( according to them )

Thanks for your input

2. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

I have the newer style lights and mine have never broke? Not sure why they they are breaking.

3. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

if i choose the newer style lights will they just plug in to my harness?

4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

You could put HID in. I think the slim ballast would fit in the housing. You would have to buy some composite 4x6 lights and the hid kit. Should be able to get what you need for around $100.

5. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

Yes. They come with there own harness wired up ...just bolt on and plug in....easy. I bought new Intensifire's and im liking them so far.
    Good luck.

6. The first generation of Intensifiers had that issue. The ones out now don't have that issue. Spend the $220 on the lights you won't be disappointed.

7. Maleko

Maleko Senior Member
    from Ct

Thanks guys.. Ill look into them

8. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

As motorman said there are 2 generations of intensifier lights, the first generation is horrible you can tell the difference between the two by looking at the back access panel of the light fixture, the 1st gen had only two retaining screws on the left side of the access panel the 2nd gen has the same two retaining screws on the left and one retaining screw on the right side of the panel make sure you don't buy someones old stock of the 1st generation, I have one plow with the 1st gen lights and they are constantly causing problems, had both backs pop loose on last weekends storm, also note that I'm not driving this truck either so I don't know what's getting hit and how fast it's getting hit to make this happen. But on the other hand they do light up the road nicely. 2nd gen lights no problems yet.

9. jojosaw

jojosaw Junior Member
    from Mass

Never knew there were diff intensifiers, but u def wanna stay away from gen 1, I plow for a local hiway dept., first manhole cover with mine and each light was in 2 or 3 pieces..

10. sojaes

sojaes Junior Member

I have a 2001 MM1 and I just put on the new MM2 headlights. Very sturdy. All you need is
    - to make sure they match the pin number you have from the old minute mount. I think it's either 7 or 9 ? not sure...could be 5 or 12 lol. Just make sure you get the ones that will plug into the truck
    - to drill a second hole for the new style mount on the a frame...

The entire install took me 25 minutes and it looks awesome, much better light output in my opinion.
    And of all my MM2's, I have had no issues with the headlights.

11. That would be 11 pins.....

12. That would be 11 pins.....