1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Headgear overhaul finished

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by T&M SnowMan, Nov 3, 2010.

1. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

Well, I detatched the headgear from the A-Frame in August off my 2002 MM2 with the intention of getting my ass in gear to do a little work on the headgear so it doesnt look like a bucket full of rust. (which it wasnt bad, but wanted it to stay that way.) So I talked to the big bossman at my regular 40 hour job, asked him if I could pay to have it sandblasted in the blasting booth. He says "Just come in on a Saturday and pull the friggin trigger, dont worry about it"! Great, so the next week I go in and blast the hell out of it, did a beautiful job, wish I took a picture when it was bare metal, but I didnt. Have a buddy who has a buddy who loves doing painting on the side, so for $150 (all labor/parts/materials included) I got the headgear all painted up. Used a good etching primer and a 2 good coats of paint. Nice hard finish, would have rathered he used a semi-gloss than a gloss black, but hey, it looks real good. He even hand sanded it after it was blasted to make sure everything was real clean. I have a few pics, thought I would post them here. Come spiring time, Im gonna have the A-Frame and blade re-done. The blade I will get powdercoated, since my buddies father owns a powder coating business, the A-Frame I will just use regular old paint. 1st pic is frame before any blasting was done.
    plow frame before blast.JPG
    View attachment 82395

MM2 assembled1.jpg

headgear Rr_Aframe.jpg

Headgear F assembled.jpg

MM2 assembled1.jpg

headgear Rr_Aframe.jpg

Headgear F assembled.jpg

plow frame before blast.JPG

2. stacks04

stacks04 Senior Member
    from ct

Looks nice. Gunna dread that first scratch though:)

3. T&M SnowMan

1st scratch was outta the way right after I took it out of the bed of my truck, bending the cotter pins kinda scratched it a little, but after all, thats what touch up painting is for right?..haha...in the end its still a plow, not an old custom car or somethin, so I dont get worked up about it...but it does look nice and want to keep it that way. Not only that, keeping the metal in good shape keeps the value up when I sell and upgrade. You'd never know it was a 2002 plow if I didnt tell ya!

4. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

looks good like how you painted the angle pistons like the old speedcast setups were.

5. T&M SnowMan

Thanks, I did the red paint on the pistons for 2 reasons....I like the red better then the black...haha...thats the simplest reason, 2nd, nobody else has a MM2 with the red pistons, so it makes it a little harder for someone to run off with my $h!t!

6. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

yup i was going to say that when i saw this picture this is the first mm2 fisher ive seen with red piston's it least it's something diiferent.

7. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Looks realy nice! smooth paint job on it!

8. T&M SnowMan

thanks plowguy, yes the the kid who painted it for me did a real thorough job in it. The finish is very smooth, no little paint nipples hangin off. I wont hesitate to use him again (barring how it holds up over the course of the season, although Im not too worried about it, he was very tedius about it.