1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 head light problems on new truckside swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ontario026, Nov 12, 2014.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

So I had to retire my 2000 chev Silverado 2500 and bought a new to me 2003 GMC sierra 2500, according to Fisher's Ematch all the wiring and hardware should be compatible. I had a buddy who's a big truck mechanic swap the mounts and wiring from the old truck to the new, but he didn't have the plow itself to test anything... When I plug the plow into the truck the blade seems to operate properly, but the truck side headlights don't go out, and the blade headlights don't come on.... but the running lights (amber) on the blade come on, and the truck running lights stay on as well, which if Iremember correctly was the way it was on the original truck as well...

Any Fisher guru's have any suggestions were to look first for the headlight issue? My buddy's a big truck mechanic, not a plow installer, so he just ran the wiring harnesses in the new truck like he thought they came out of the old truck...

Thanks in advance!
    Matthew

2. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

update.... I actually just hooked back up to the plow, and when I switch the high beams on the truck on, they go out, and the plow high beams com on as they should, however, when I drop back to low beams, the truck low beams are all that come on.... I checked the couple fuses just off the plow module and they were ok...

thanks again
    Matthew

3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

I took the truck back to my buddy with the plow on, and he got the lights going, I guess it had to do with the polarity on the head light plugs...

Matt