1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Head Light Issue!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DAMAX3, Jan 18, 2011.

1. DAMAX3

DAMAX3 Junior Member
    from NY

Hello, I am new to forum, and looking for some help. 2004 mm2 8' x blade, the drivers side head light is not working, and when I switch to high beams, they shut off entirely and truck lights turn on! I had used some grease in the connection, and the drivers side light worked fine for a breif time, but then stop working. Any thoughts? Thank you, and I look forward to hear from you.

2. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

There was just another post here where tobbaccogrower from Ct found a break in the wiring of his 11 pin headlight harness at the grille plug, check that area for breaks.

3. DAMAX3

DAMAX3 Junior Member
    from NY

Sure enough, that was the issue, thanks so much!

4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

wire breaks

Like I suggested to tobbaccogrower, when you get things straightened out cut a 3 inch piece of rubber heater hose and slice it diagonally, place the harness inside of it, butt it up against the grille plug and wrap it up with black electrical tape, this will protect those exspensive harnesses at that vulnerable braking point. do this to your control and headlight harnesses on bith truck and plow sides.