1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 HD stops hard on left angle

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hbrady, Dec 27, 2015.

1. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

I saw a similar post in the Western forum but I didn't want to revive that thread since it was in the wrong place. I've got a 2 year old 7'6'' HD MM2 plow (new to me) on a 2014 1/2 ton Silverado regular cab with factory plow prep. Ever since I got this truck / plow I've thought the plow's movements were excessively rough so I enabled the smooth stop feature. Yesterday I noticed if I stop plow during movements to the left (when I release control part way through stroke) it bangs pretty hard. It does not do this when moving to the right. Here is a video.

I'm going to try turning off / back on smooth stop today and see if that helps but I wanted to see if any other Fisher users have experienced similar issues and what the resolution (if any) was.

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Check for slop in the area of the pins. I think that might what ur hearing.

3. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

I checked the pins and didn't find any slop so I ran through the procedure for the smooth stop and it turns out the feature was off. Now that it's on the banging is gone.