1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 HD Lift Issue- Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by wildbl1500, Dec 2, 2008.

1. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Last month, I changed the fluid in my 8' HD MM2 plow. I followed the directions in the manual completely. I had bought the plow used from a guy that "reconditions" them. The fluid I drained out was red, but I replaced it with the Fisher OEM EZ Flow blue fluid. I ran out of fluid before the reservoir was filled and had to move the plow. A few days later I topped it off, ran it through the movements and all was fine. Today, I hitched it up to scrape down the end of the driveway from the storm we had the other day. Anyway, when I lift the plow it goes up very slowly and stutters at the top. I pulled out the reservoir plug and it still had pressure and fluid came rushing out- so I guess it was overfull... I tried lifting it again, same issue very slow to raise, and stutters as it is going up.

Any thoughts?

2. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

I'm posting this over on Gary's Open Fisher Forum, too.

3. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Gary's Open Fisher Forum has disappeared, today... interesting.

My plow angles fine (it does stop with a bang when turning left), so I don't think it has to do with the pump or filter... I did not detach the lift cylinder's hose when I changed the fluid, but I did detach the angle hoses as instructed. I also set all the relief valves to spec listed in the fisher manual.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

4. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

I'm thinking my lift cylinder is air bound. I'm not sure how it happened, but I keep getting pressureized air out of the resevoir... The bad part is, the lift cylinder now only goes up a few inches... Any one know how I can bleed the lift cylinder?

5. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

As I posted in my other thread, this was a self-induced issue. I had the lift cylinder's relief valve too tight.