1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 grinding noise

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by CAT420, Feb 21, 2010.

1. CAT420

CAT420 Senior Member

I am not sure what year mm2 it is. its an 8 foot hd. Its a company truck i plow with. My boss has replaced everything with the motor and pump except the block. Lifting and angling left to right it makes a horrible grinding noise in the pump you can hear it over the diesel engine and radio going clearly. It still lifts fine and functions normally just a horrible noise and im sure it cant be ok. any suggestions?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

If the bushing (they call it a bearing sleeve) in the valve block that the motor shaft goes into is worn, the motor will sound horrible. They sell a kit with the tool to pull the old one out and install the new one.

http://www.fishersnowplows.com/pdf/26199.09_010109.pdf

See page six. Item #39.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Also check to make sure the shaft itself isn't rusted up. Mine was making a whirling and loud grinding noise earlier this year and the shaft in the motor was rusted out really bad.