1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 getting stuck in up position

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by jperry9636, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

Hey guys trying to get some ideas on what you think is going on with my plow. It is about 2 years old and never had any problems until now. What it does it will work fine till I put it in the full up position and then go and put it in down and float it will not go down but left and right work and if I hit the up it will start to move left alittle. But when I am hitting the down button I can hear a clicking on the plow motor so I think the controler is sending the information to the motor. The kicker is after a few minutes it will work fine. Any help will be great. If I left anything out just ask as I would like to get to the bottom of this before I have to plow again. Thanks for all your help.

Later,
    Jack

2. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I would start by taking apart the power pack and checking everything, and changing the fluid while you do it. Also check the filter inside the resivoir. I have a friend who has a MM1 and it would raise fine, but then when he went to angle it he would hear the motor run, but nothing would happen. Also when he went to float it, it would take about 10 minutes to go down. So last night we pulled the whole power pack apart, and i took off the coils, then pulled out the cartridges. In one of the cartridges there was a little metal shaving lodged in there. Once I pulled the little metal shaving out, the cartridge clicked and changed posisitions. This fixed the whole thing, and we got to change the fluid while we were at it. Good Luck

3. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

If it makes a difference I changed the fluid at the start of the season. It came out clean and blue.

Later,
    Jack

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could you describe this statement in a little more detail? What does it do after it "goes left a little?"

5. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

When it goes left I let go of the button but the main thing is that it will not go down and the float light is on.

Thanks,
    Jack

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So when it's acting up if you press the raise button and hold it, it will go full left instead of up? (I realizes it's already up)...I know the main issue is it wont drop, just trying to diagnose which valves are open and when :)

7. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

So when it's acting up if you press the raise button and hold it, it will go full left instead of up? (I realizes it's already up)...I know the main issue is it wont drop, just trying to diagnose which valves are open and when

Yes you have it. It is in the full up position will not go down with the float light on and if I hit the up button it will go left.

Thanks,
    Jack

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok...

For some reason the S2 valve is open when it shouldn't be. If it's energized when it shouldn't be, or its stuck open, your angles will still function and it will angle when your trying to raise.

And it also wont drop.

Sounds to me like the controller is dying, because if the S2 was sticking only after you commanded it to open (angle left or right) and it then stayed stuck open, it would block the fluid passage to the lift cylinder and the plow wouldn't then raise immediately after angling. But it does raise it just wont drop, so it sounds like the controller is sending the incorrect signal to command the S2 on when your pressing the lower/float button.

9. jperry9636

jperry9636 Member

ok that makes sence but why would it work fine after a couple of minutes. I do not know just tring to pick your brains before I go and spend big money on things I do not need.

Later,
    Jack

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a Fishstick hand held, they die quite often.

Not as much as the Meyer TP's but still pretty common.

If you can swap a controller with someone temporarily, that will positively diagnose it.