1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 for 99 F-150

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2tonsoffordfun, Nov 15, 2008.

1. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

I just purchased a MM2 RD for my 99 f-150 5.4L Ext. Cab.

I puchased the plow only, nothing on the truck side. I know Ill be needing push plates and a harness. What should i expect to pay for these parts and wheres the best place to find them. ( i dont mind used) Thanks!

2. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The Cheapest place to buy new fisher parts is Brake Service, they are now own by a company called Traction.

Here is there locations, not all their stores sell fisher parts, but by far they are the cheapest dealer in maine.

http://www.brake-service.com/locations.html

Expect to pay around 350 new for push plates, I don't recall the price of a complete truck side harness but I would estimate it will be 400 plus.

Or there is a guy in Auburn that sells a lot of used fisher stuff and plows, he runs a continuous add in uncle henry's, if you want the number I can get it for you.

Where are you in Maine?

3. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

I saw traction on the fisher website I had never heard of it and didnt realize that traction and brake service were one in the same. Im from mechanic falls, and i go through lewiston all the time so ill have to stop. And i'm sure you must be referring to Mike Eastman in Auburn that sells the used stuff. I spoke with him a week or so ago, hes actually sold out of plows and had nothing for my truck. Bummer. Where are you located?

4. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Yes Mike Eastman, I went into see him this year and he said the same thing. I have mixed feelings about the guy. I gave him a call earlier this year to get some used wiring harness parts and a module and he was anything but helpful when I said I could get a better price at Brake Service on new stuff, I wasn't impressed. Then I went in to see him and he was very nice to deal with even though he was sold out of 7.5ft plows. I don't really know what to make of the guy.

I've pretty much settled on brake service for all my parts now. I go to the one in Lewiston also. The guy who usually sits all the way to the left at the counter in the best in my opinion, I think his name is Gary, he knows his stuff.

I'm located in Bath and am always in Lewiston/Auburn and Augusta areas.

5. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Second that on brake services / Traction. I used them for big truck stuff as well. There great to deal with.

6. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Actually now that I think of it, the guys name is Jerry at Brake Services in Lewiston, good guy.

7. RepoMan207

from Maine

I think the guy I always delt with was Paul?.?.? Not 100% sure, but there all decent guys. They use to come by the shop now and then in the van just see how it was all going.

8. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Yea, i got a weird feeling about eastman myself. I can understand how he could be sold out of plows but i found it hard to beleive that he'd be completely out of anything pertaining to my truck.....almost seemed like he just didnt want to look because he'd already made his fortune for one year. I did find a set of pushplates in china, me for 250 on craigslist, im gonna call that guy. I dont mind a little drive if i can save 150 bucks. but ill definately check out Traction. Thanks!

9. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

Ok, now im having trouble foguring out exactly what i need to make my truck plow ready. I know i need pushplates and a wiring harnes. It looks like there are 2 different harnesses, 1 for the lights 1 for the controls. it also looks like i need an isolation module too? Is the module part of the harness. I just dont want to buy the pushplates and a harness and still come up short on what i need. Im pricing stuff out and its looking like its going to cost me more to get the truck set up than the plow did!

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

I'll get you a shopping list....

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

I am hoping B&B or someone more familiar with truck-side knowledge pipes in here to make sure I am not wrong but here is the list I could find. You need Kit 26705-1, 7150 is the push plates, the 3 port module is 29070, and another harness you will need 29050.

The 267051-1, there are several parts to that kit. To get a break down of the part numbers click here Fisher List

Keep in mind, your truck was not made for this plow. I owned a 97 F-150 with a 7.5 RD, been there done that, would never do it again. Get a set of Timbrens if you haven't already! :nod:

12. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

The reason he told me he was sold out of everything is because he said he didn't want to buy a lot of stuff because of the bad economy but people are just buy plow left and right because of the last winter so he's down on stuff. Personally I won't be buying anything from him the future.

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

Is Mike the guy in Auburn?

14. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

Yup....runs an add all year long in uncle henrys for buying and selling plows.

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

yeah, I know who he is now. He is alittle different. I was thinking about calling him to see if he wants to buy a few thing off me. I have heared from others he is difficult to deal with.

16. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

I actually saw one of his installs on a GM, I was not impressed to say the least, the module and wiring were basically just thrown in the engine compartment and wiring not tied down, module just flapping around. Looked pretty unprofessional.

No way will I do that when I do an install, it takes little time to wire things nicely so you can open the hood and not even know the plow harness is under there.

Here is a conversation I had with over the phone:

Me: "What do you have for a price on push plates for a 2002 2500hd"

Him: "They go for about 400"

Me: "Well I can get them new at brake service for 350"

Him: "Well that's what you should do then"

Me: "What about a green Iso Module for the same truck"

Him: "Actually that truck takes a yellow module" (this is actually partially correct, the yellow module was phased out years ago and replaced with the green one, the green one is now only sold for GM trucks, a yellow one is now hard to fine, I confirmed all this when I call Fisher tech support)

Me: "Hmmm....every dealer I've talked to and Fisher eMatch says it's a green module"

Him: "Well ok, what every you say, but it needs a yellow module"

Me: "How about a peculiar light kit for that truck"

Him: "Yeah I probably have what you need, but I'd have to take a look at what I have"

Me: "Ok thanks for the help"

Or should I say for no help at all. Then I went back and talked to him in person about a 7.5 and a cutting edge and he was as nice as can be. Needless to say I won't be doing business with him

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  17. 2tonsoffordfun

2tonsoffordfun Member
    from Maine

this whole plow search has been such an asspain for me. And i've heard from several people that a plow on a half ton is a dumb idea. the only thing that had kept my faith up til this point was my 92 straight six longbed red cab f150 with a mm1 electric 7.5 footer. Best gas job setup ive ever plowed with. Wish i could have it back!

So i've come to a decision, I got ahold of the guy i was in the proicess of buying the plow from (ebay) and told him thanks but no thanks. The plow was origionally advertised for my truck and then i was told by the seller that it was only the plow that was for sale. So needless to say, here i am searching for parts and peices to a mm2 for an f150. I love my truck, but i know if i ever want to succeed in the plowing biz im going to need a 3/4 ton. Seems like nowadays the half tons just can't handle the kinda workload im going to want from one. So i'm just going to wait til spring when truck prices drop off again and i'll buy a deisel 3/4 ton quad cab. I actually wholesale used cars, so somthing may just fall iunto my lap like the F150 did. Thanks guys, for the advice, i'm sure ill still become a frequent poster.

18. RepoMan207

from Maine

2Ton....Its an awesome truck, but your making the right decision there. Manufacturers adapted the trucks to ride better, So the suspensions are not what they use to be.

Good Luck out there, I am sure with that head on your shoulder's you'll do fine. :waving: