1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

mm2 fluid question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by JLsDmax, Dec 7, 2010.

1. JLsDmax

JLsDmax Senior Member

I have a mm2 and I want to change the fluid I just am not sure what type of fluid to use and how much on average. the plow is an older mm2 like 2003-2004. I have used atf in the past for blown hydraulic hoses is there anything better? I'm not looking to go buy the brand specific fluid just a good fluid at a reasonable price.

2. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

plow fluid, either the fisher stuff or aftermarket, it is blue

3. ss502gmc

ss502gmc Senior Member

It has to be the proper spec fluid, it doesnt have to be Fisher, I use the S.A.M brand hydraulic fluid for like $4.00 per quart and my plow only takes about 1 1/2 quarts if that, so its not expensive and it sure beats spending big $$$ on a new pump. The old plow pumps used tranny fluid NOT the insta act pumps!! Not sure on the specifics but i know has alot to do with moisture and such.

4. bigbadbrad

bigbadbrad Senior Member

yes dont use the blue fluid under the hood in belt driven pumps, flash point is to low and if there is a leak is will light up easy, under hood use atf