1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 fisher plow just stopped working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by khu911, Jan 4, 2013.

1. khu911

khu911 Junior Member
    from NH

Hi guys,
    during the last plowing , my plow just stopped working , started working , then died alltogether. I have power to the joy stick , fuses are ok , fluid is fine. I have a three plug , four wire set up. When i move the joy stick i hear clicking. Any ideas would be greatly
    appreciated......... kevin

2. hazardous hicks

hazardous hicks Junior Member

have you checked your solenoid

3. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

The clicking he's hearing is the solenoid firing.

Check power connection to your plow power plug with a set of testers, and report back.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

could be a bad motor

5. ducaticorse

from we

Just do what I said and check the power at the plug and let us know what you get

6. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds exactly like what happened when we lost a motor. Does it still go down?

7. hazardous hicks

hazardous hicks Junior Member

i had same problem it ended up being broken wire right at the connector. another common problem you could check is take the 7 pin plug and twist it while someone operates the fishstik. alot of times the female side of the pins could open up from inserting and removal of the plugs.

8. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Another possibility could be on the truck side. It's nice if you have two plows to check truck side or plow side. Wiring issues can be hard to track down especially if they are not constant or a sticky solenoid.

9. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

motor is dead would be my guess, or the solenoid is toast but unlikely since its clicking

10. khu911

khu911 Junior Member
    from NH

Checked with a tester, power is ok.
    As far as will it go down.....
    It's all the way down and dead

11. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

the motor get power but does not run?

12. ducaticorse

from we

If the motor is running, but there is still no movement, check power at the individual solenoids that control hydraulic flow of the pump, there are three. If you have power to all three, pull the solenoids and clean them, then test them in the coils with a 12v source for lock. If they are good, it's probably your pump that has gone bad, and not the motor.